We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It's new, in the square or in the park, you watch your toddler who exchanges his toys with friends, distributes cuddles, sometimes a few shovels ... He is learning life in a group. Discover the main stages of socialization, in children.
- Between 9 and 12 months, the baby discovers the existence of the other children. He begins to seek to catch the gaze of the boyfriend sitting next to him, to give him his toy, in exchange for another ...
- Between 12 and 15 months, the children play side by side. They observe each other, influence each other, while following each other their little merry way. Besides, they imitate each other just as the child imitates adults. Imitation in the small child is his way of learning relationships, of learning the world.
- The step of the walk: the acquisition of the march sign, as it were, for the child the beginning of the conquest of the world! As a result, his relationship to the other is not always very tender. He grabs his neighbor's toy, pushes it, pulls his hair, sometimes bites it. The other is still a bit of an object he likes to test to see how "that" reacts. It causes conflict to also attract the attention of the adult, who remains his number one reference.
- At 15 months, the child has a vocabulary of about fifteen words that will grow rapidly. And he likes to play pretend - we play the mother and the baby, the big sister, the doctor ... These symbolic games are based on exchange. The toy or the manipulation becomes accessory. The real support of the game is "the other". At the same time, he begins to lend more readily to his toys.
- Between 15 and 18 months, his thirst for interaction grows. This is the perfect age to socialize him, take him to the daycare when he does not go to the nursery. Between 15 and 18 months, children like to play together, without having a "buddy" or "girlfriend".
- Around 18 months, the child looks for the game with several people: running, jumping ... He appreciates the rituals that participate in the life of the group. In nursery for example, from 18 months, the small greet with shouts of joy in the morning. They learn the feeling of affiliation to the group, which already prepares them for kindergarten.
- Then, around 2 years old, there is often a small phase of social regression, at the same time that the child arrives the age of no. And it is necessary to wait for the age of 2 years and half to be born the first friendships. At this age the child also begins to integrate the rules of sociability, to say hello, thank you, goodbye ...
- But if he does not have a favorite friend around 3 years, needless to worry. If he looks happy alone, if he plays, he will go to others and become sociable as soon as he is ready. You can also help him to turn to others, inviting his cousins, a small neighbor, but do not let them still fend for themselves ... Create links by offering games, a round, etc. In family, do not deprive him of great moments of conviviality (meals, parties ...) under the pretext that he is small and does not have the same rhythm.