We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Premature labor is a fear shared by many future mothers. Multiple pregnancy, infections contracted during pregnancy, tobacco ... several factors explain these pre-term births.
What is a premature baby?
- A baby born before 37 weeks is considered premature. The great prematurity concerns births before 33 weeks.
What are the causes of prematurity?
Several factors can cause premature birth:
- Multiple pregnancies (twins or more). The weight of the fetuses presses on the cervix and weakens it.
- Thegenitourinary infections, like streptococcus B which can cause uterine infection and fever that will lead to severe contractions.
- Rubella. It causes fever that gives rise to contractions due to inflammation.
- Toxoplasmosis It can cause spontaneous miscarriage in early pregnancy.
- Uteroplacental abnormalities. They create inflammation that causes contractions.
- Thepremature rupture of membranes or "pocket of water", it can be of infectious or mechanical origin (weakness of the pocket, gap of the neck).